Topic: Software Quality Attribute
Software Quality Attributes ensures optimum quality for software architecture design. Software quality refers to the capability of a software product to conform to requirements. The main focus of attributes is to judge the quality of a product by stakeholders. It has two common aspects one is ‘consideration of a quality of a thing’ and the other deal with ‘what the user thinks’. Performance (conformance of desired functions), maintainability (improved performance in low cost), testability (to fulfill test criteria) and portability (operate in a different environment) are a main focus of attributes. Attributes can be measured as Architecture Quality Revisited, Defect tracking system, Guideline Based approach, Software Components Quality in BN, Risk-Based Requirements model, Issue Oriented Approach & Software Quality Measurements. The problem with this that most software architects are not serious with QA. To solve problem QCAV model (Quality Centric Architectural Views) proposed to identify optimum quality attribute & measuring tools for non-functional quality attributes.
Pros & Cons:
- Quality Attribute improves the performance of the software.
- Quality Attribute helps to handle the complexity of large system.
- Quality Attribute provides maintainability of the software.
- Provide testability criteria to reducing errors.
- Ability to work in different environments.
- Enhance efficiency of software product.
- Each time the system is updated non-functional tests must be performed again.
- Become very costly.
- It also refers to meet its functional requirement.
- It should have best designed and searched quality attributes which take it a long life.
- The Software Should be user-friendly.
- It should be a focus on functionality rather than its outer appearance.
- It should have such quality attributes that satisfy the needs of stakeholders.
- It should be the focus on the real satisfaction of users.